Applications for NCSS 2014 (Saturday 4th to Monday 13th January) are now open
Applications for 2014 Summer School are due on Friday, 15th of November.
- Email email@example.com and you will be sent a unique URL containing your application form.
- Complete the online application form. This involves answering a few short questions about why you want to attend NCSS.
- Send the following documents by post to:
National Computer Science School
School of IT, J12
University of Sydney, NSW, 2006
- A letter of reference from your teacher. The reference letter should include information about your academic performance, and teamwork and social skills.
- A copy of your last two school reports
- Examples (if any) of any programming or web design that you have done
The reference letter and reports should be sent by mail no later than Monday, 11th of November to ensure we have all required documentation by Friday, November 15th. You can also email the required paperwork to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful applicants will be advised in November.
If you have any questions, please contact Nicky Ringland at email@example.com.
Eligibility and Selection Criteria
NCSS applications will be accepted from students who will complete Year 11 in 2013, and from exceptionally gifted Year 10 students. Selection of students will be based on academic performance, particularly in the subjects of mathematics and science, and demonstrated interest in computing. Personal qualities, such as community service, and social and teamwork skills will also be taken into consideration.
No prior knowledge of computing is assumed. Students who are not taking computing units of study at school are eligible to apply. Rest assured that students who enter the program as proficient programmers will also find plenty of material to extend their skills.